This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
Farewell, my blessing season this in thee!
Looking at my syllabus this semester at NYU, I will be reading Hamlet, by William Shakespeare (for those of you who are dyslexic I recommend an audio book version). I am very excited as I love Shakespeare and have read Hamlet before. There are many memorable quotes in Hamlet, but the one I have been thinking about lately is the quote above. “To thine own self be true..”
I am very proud of my accomplishments thus far. I have built a wonderful business with my husband WiNK , I had a fantastic and exciting modeling career, I have raised two amazing girls. I have had a longing the last few years, however, to really start thinking about what makes me happy, and what I want to do next. That is why I reapplied to NYU. And that is why I am working towards being a Reading Specialist.
In Hamlet, Polonius is saying it is important to take care of yourself first, that way you will be ready to help and give attention to others. So I am taking care of my education in order that I can help children reach their potential.
That being said, I am definitely not Mother Teresa, so I am going to be sure to stay true to some
- Eat Right- We are big foodies, favorite spots are Locanda Verde, Maison Premiere, Bowery MeatCompany, and Buvette.
- Work Out- I love Flywheel and Lyon's Den Yoga
- See my Friends A lot! We are so lucky to have wonderful supporting friends and family.
- Be silly, especially with my kids...
- Travel as much as possible and get my feet in the sand...
- Get mani's and pedi's often (critical)- I love Haven Spa in SOHO.
So to mine own Ilse be true, so that I can help those around me. But I have to keep reminding myself, Ilse first, Ilse FIRST!